"ONE GOLDEN LETTERING": Lesson One

PANNING FOR GOLD!
Go on a studio treasure hunt and gather your "gold".  ALL your gold art supplies that is!  In this workshop, we'll be lettering, painting and doodle decorating with a GOLD color palette.  Go through your art supply stash and gather all your gold, pens, paints, markers, papers, mediums, etc.  Keep them easily accessible to complete the fun projects in this class.  I had so much on my own personal treasure hunt in my studio discovering so many GOLDEN opportunities in the "land of the misfit art supplies"!





LESSON ONE: "WHIMSEY WORDS AND PRETTY PAPERS"
In addition to your markers and gold paints, you'll need some papers.  I'll be using brown packaging/craft paper, tissue paper, scrapbook paper, plain and striped wrapping paper.    Make your own gift wrap, cards, decorations with your personally printed papers with your own beautiful handwriting using these techniques.
ALTERNATE VIDEO LINK (if viewing the class outside the U.S.)
Make magic with your own handwriting to create decorative wrapping with plain wrapping paper and packing papers with a gold paint pen.  Let loose, don't over think it, just start to letter holiday words, songs and wishes filling up entire sheets of paper.   Stretch your creative muscles and move with your writing making a signature one of a kind design. This is the perfect holiday "de-stress" project. Swoop, swish, and over exaggerate your swirls.  Tres chic!

AT A LOSS AT WHAT TO WRITE?  HERE ARE 50 HOLIDAY WORDS:
#1-10. merry, bright, shine, sparkle, jingle, Christmas, holiday, twinkle, family, gift
#11-25- celebrate, cheer, blessings, faith, love, hope, star, holy, joy, glee, silent night, happy, sleigh bells, 
#26-36- angel, peace, grace, shining star, child, rejoice, child, calm, manger, baby, rejoice
#37-50- santa, snow, carols, mistletoe, holly, lights, tree, ornaments, reindeer, tinsel, bells, garland, gingerbread, bows...
....or letter and write all the words to your favorite Christmas carols!

...a simple gold paint pen and plain colored wrapping paper...

Use lined wrapping paper for a "height guide" if you're a stay in the lines kind of person...

...write continuously and let your words spill onto the next line becoming the art element...

The possibilites are endless, because you will never run out of the most important tool for this project...your own unique and fabulous handwriting.
NOW, GO SHARE YOUR ART ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE!

21 comments:

  1. Joanne:

    Loved the first inspirational lesson! I'll be creating personalized wrapping paper this afternoon. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an awesome idea !!! Thank you for offering it for FREE - I am running to the craft store now to get some paper to write on - can't wait for golden lettering 2!!!!!!
    Happy Holidays

    Victoria Grobels

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful!! thanks so much, Joanne! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome, as usual - going to the dollar store to see if they have some cheap wrapping paper - usually i buy this on Dec 23. - my kids are going to think i bought them something early.... insert evil laugh....

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous! thanks for the lesson!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. Can't wait to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate this, Joanne. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous idea thanks so much Joanne now what colour paper hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont know why my profile photo does not show when i post makes me feel like a terrorist or something warning warning lol does anyone know how to fix this...

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much!! I'm off to practice!! Cat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm afraid I don't have a stash-except for fabric & thread, etc. This is all new to me. The supplies in the first video seemed intimidating, and no doubt expensive to gather all these items at once. What do you suggest as the bare minimum for someone starting out in lettering? I would love to have everything, but think I have to build up slowly. THank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, for this class, just a gold paint pen, some wrapping paper and a few card making supplies (cardstock, envelopes) would be fine. Or you can ust watch the class and get things when you feel inspired to dive into the lessons. Enjoy!

      Delete
  11. This is going to be so much fun:) I have been making my own gift wrap for years out of craft paper (the brown stuff) I've used the same roll for the past eight years. This will be different from my usual norm, the family should love it. Thank you so very very much. I hope all of you all are enjoying this as much as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE THIS~~~~~ Thank you, Joanne from the bottom of my heart!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Joanne, for great ideas, inspiration, and technique!! I'm a 'newbie' here but I'll be back <3
    xo
    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely ideas ~ for gifts, for art, for journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I simply want to tell you that I’m all new to blogs and truly liked you’re blog site. Very likely I’m likely to bookmark your site .You surely come with remarkable articles. Cheers for sharing your website page.

    AWS Training in Chennai

    SEO Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete